Replicating schema to a laptop

From: Mario <mtechera_at_wpmc.com>
Date: 28 Apr 2003 05:45:12 -0700

Hello Everyone:

We have a situation where we would like to replicate a database to a PC for local use. The use on the PC will be READ-ONLY.

The replication mechanism should allow for things like schema changes (table or view additions/deletions, procedure addition/deletions etc etc).

We basically want to replicate one complete schema including data.

We would like to be able to start the synchronization on end-user demand.

Can anyone suggest the best way of doing this?

We would be working with Oracle 8.1.7 on W2K.

Thanks for any help!!
Mario Received on Mon Apr 28 2003 - 07:45:12 CDT