Re: forms90 and characterset

From: Herr Otto Partz <cris119_at_operamail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2003 10:19:25 +0200

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

> There isn't, as the characterset of the database is incorrect.
> European diacritical characters all have the 8th bit set.
> You need to change the characterset of the database to we8iso8859p15
> or mswin1252 by using the alter database characterset command.
> IIRC the default for all platforms is nowadays 8 bits, it is strange
> you managed to create a database in US7ASCII, you must have explicitly
> set that on creation.

That's right, Sybrand, I created the database in US7ASCII because I had to import data from a previous US7ASCII database where diacritical characters were stored that way. By accepting the default I would have lost all diacritical characters.

--
Cris aka H8P
"Ubi solitudidem faciunt, pacem appellant"