Re: How to install Oracle 9.2 on RedHat 9.0?

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 21:13:41 +0200

Nick Keeman wrote:
> Hi Guru's,
>
> I've got Oracle 9.2 running on RedHat 8.0 but would like to move to
> RedHat 9.0. I've heard it doesn't work as the new kernel uses a new way
> of Processing

You mean like it works?

causing Oracle 9.2 no have problems.

No - RH9 simply isn't backwards compatible with the version 9i was compiled against.
The w/a is to install RH8, downgrade binutils (not sure if that's still needed for 9iR2), and upgrade RH to 9.

Or downgrade all libs and binutils to 8 (or less, see remark above). YMMV

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel