Re: Using an index.

From: Geomancer <pharfromhome_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2003 15:43:25 -0700

> If you're going to IOUG-A I'll try to find time
> to explain what I did in my presentation on
> CBO on Monday afternoon.

Um, what you did was make the query run sub-optimally.

Is configuring Oracle to make SQL run slower the topic of your IOUG presentation? (Heck, I do that all the time)

Kidding aside, it's no great trick to make the CBO goof up, right? Most DBAs spend most of their time getting the CBO going, do a benchmark, and then set optimizer_goal=rule.

Don't rule-out the rule-based optimizer! It rocks! Received on Fri Apr 25 2003 - 17:43:25 CDT