Re: Are Oracle GUIs causing a decline in DBA salaries?

From: James Williams <willjamu_at_mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 20:55:57 GMT

Well, it won't stop. The DBA's get dirty looks everytime checks are passed out and companys cut costs!

IBM calls in autonomic.

This is the trend with all software and all vendors. I just had a guy try to sell me on a SQL Server app because he claims its cheaper. Note all the jobs moving overseas. From the standpoint of capitalism you must not be scared but learn the game and diversify. Learn to provide a service. For instance, my side business is computer unrelated and would allow me to continue on if the bean-counter's wish to send my job overseas. Learn from the Enron's of the world before it is too late not to put all your eggs in one basket and by all means live within your means and trust GOD!