so many corrupt blocks???

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 19:04:46 +0200

Hi!
(9i, redhat 8)
I've recently started to use oracle.
We plan to go productive by the end
of the year, so now we're still at the getting acquainted phase.
Now, after large import and table reorgs I got a block corruption on my developer db and decided to run dbverify.
which gave me lots of bad blocks (yes, I first stumbled over the blocksize but now it's correct.).
40 blocks un several datafiles!

And one redolog!!!

How can this happen?

Fortunately, our production db still seems to be ok.

Also, I exported the whole db before the corruptions became visible.
Assuming the disks are physically ok,
can I play this one back into the corrupted files?

Lots of greetings!
Volker

--
While it is a known fact that programmers
never make mistakes, it is still a good idea