Re: exit in sql script

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 16:10:12 GMT

sunil_franklin_at_hotmail.com said...
> Gurus,
> I have a sqlscript without an exit at the end which I call from a csh
> file. I expect the csh script to hang because of the missing exit, but this
> behaviour is erratic. i.e. sometimes it hangs while sometimes it goes
> through fine.
> Any ideas why I may be seeing this behaviour.
>
> Thanks,

Without seeing the script, it's pretty tough to guess. But a few things come to mind ... you might occasionally encounter a sql error based on the data being retrieved ... you might occasionally encounter an o/s error if you're spooling to a dynamic file ... you might encounter an unhandled exception if your script contains pl/sql ... you might have an occasional network hiccup ... or any of a dozen other things. Who knows? It might even be the phase of the moon. :)

Seriously, what kind of stuff is in you sql script? Your shell script?

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA