Oracle Trousers 1.0

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 09:07:04 +0100

Morning PharFromHome,

you wrote :

>> Hmmm, you must be British.

I am, well Scottish, which is part of what most Americans call 'England' - winds us Jocks up no end so it does :o) Daniel, on the other hand, is American - he enjoyed it too.

>> Perhaps it is "Brilliant" in the same sense as "Monty Python", which
>> to many in the USA comes off as "silly".
Bear in mind when Monty Python (short o) was originally released it was 'radically different' to anything else on offer. As for 'silly', maybe that's because there are no 'canned laughs' to tell you when to laugh :o)

I have to admit that M*A*S*H was, and still is, one of the funniest programs to come out of the USA, but we originally got a version with canned laughter on it and it was abysmal. The BBC ran the version without canned laughs after that - much better.

I suppose it all depend on your sense on humour/humor - you've got George W Bush and we've got Tony Blair.

Cheers,
Norm. (Tongue firmly in cheek !)

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator