Forms 3.0 and Oracle 8i (8.1.7) ( Invalid Rowid)

From: Moron <moron.jean-luc_at_rcc.ch>
Date: 24 Apr 2003 22:52:21 -0700

Hi,

as we are migrating our database onto Oracle 8i, we are expieriencing some
Rowid problems.

We already applied the "unsupported" patch which allows forms3 to connect on 8i databases.
> After insert or update of a record, we get an error :FRM-40501 / ORA-01410: invalid Rowid as soon as the record has been commited in the DB if we try to modify it again.
> PL SQL: any statement like " insert into table A() select () from table B where Rowid = :My_block.rowid" raises exactly the same SQL error.

Has somebody got the same troubles ?
Is there any other patch or workaroud ?

Thans for your help

Regards

Jean-Luc Received on Fri Apr 25 2003 - 00:52:21 CDT