Re: Sartup server at bootup

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 25 Apr 2003 15:40:03 +1000

 Chr2k04> hey, Everytime I boot up my Mandrake, I have to do the  Chr2k04> following to start up the server:

 Chr2k04> sqlplus /nolog

 SQL> connect / as sysdba
 Chr2k04> Connected to an idle instance.  SQL> startup
 Chr2k04> ORACLE instance started.

 Chr2k04> Total System Global Area 235999352 bytes Fixed Size 450680
 Chr2k04> bytes Variable Size 201326592 bytes Database Buffers
 Chr2k04> 33554432 bytes Redo Buffers 667648 bytes Database mounted.
 Chr2k04> Database opened.

 SQL>  Chr2k04> How do I get linux to start it up when I boot the computer?

 Chr2k04> Thanks, Chr2k04

This is covered in the installation documentation - I think its in the post-install steps. The installation comes with an example init script for starting/stopping oracle. All you need to do is fix up this script to match with your installation, put it in the same directory as all your other init scripts and then make the necessary symbolic links from the various run level directories to this script so that it is started or stopped, depending on which run levels are being entered.

Tim

--
Tim Cross