Oracle8i 1.6.0 WinNT, "default password.... it's SYSMAN and OEM_TEMP "

From: <bobrowskig_at_sprint.ca>
Date: 24 Apr 2003 18:50:01 -0700

Does "default password.... it's SYSMAN and OEM_TEMP " apply to Administrator ( why not user ) and his password on Oracle8i 1.6.0 ?
I created Repository and can not import dmp file to it namely I get message "invalid credentials"

////////////// History below //////// Message 4 in thread
From: Howard J. Rogers (howardjr_at_www.com) Subject: Re: Win2k, Oracle8i (8.1.7) and Enterprise 2.2

View this article only
Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server Date: 2001-03-02 14:56:06 PST

"Flash" <flash_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in message news:3a9fbfc7$1_at_newsprime.tidalwave.net...
> Thanks, Van. I have another question.
>
> I have successfully created the repository on another machine via the
> configuration assistant. This process is successfully. The connection test
> to the other host is successful, yet, each attempt to login to the
> management server the message "invalid login credential" appears.
>
> I have checked the "oms" config files, login via sqlplus successfullyand yet
> the message persists. This same message appears each time I attempt to stop
> the "Management Server" service via the control panel. I am login as the
> same power user/administrator that created the repository. What am I
> missing?
>
> Thanks again,

That, I think, is an easy one! Management Server creates a new user and default password.... it's SYSMAN and OEM_TEMP (that's an underscore in there). As soon as you type that in for the first time, you'll be prompted to change the password. Once you're in, you can then create other users who are able to access the Management Server.

SYSMAN is the Management Server administrator -nothing to do with whoever owns the repository tables.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Apr 24 2003 - 20:50:01 CDT