Re: 20000 INSERTs per second?

From: Martin Burbridge <pobox002_at_bebub.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2003 16:42:28 -0700

ibm_97_at_yahoo.com (JZ) wrote in message news:<10bc841c.0304231047.5bc925ad_at_posting.google.com>...
> Oracle 9.2.0.3 enterprise for Solaris 2.8
> I like to know whethere it's possible to accomplish 20000 INSERTs (through
> JDBC drive, not pure INSERT SQL) per second on Oracle 9.2.0.3.
> If so, should we go with RAC or high end storage (to improve disk I/O)?
> Any docs about this or any suggestions to improve INSERTation rate
> through JDBC driver?
> Can 64bit environment improve this?
> Thanks a lot!

Why are you discounting the solution that will meet your primary requirement in the most simple way?

SQL> set timing on
SQL> insert into t select * from all_objects where rownum < 20001;

20000 rows created.

Elapsed: 00:00:01.01
SQL> This is on my notebook with a default install so its probably pretty slow compared to any production system.

If the data is loaded from file you can use external tables in 9i.

If you have to have java in there for some peculiar reason you could always shell out and run sqlloader in that case.

Martin Received on Thu Apr 24 2003 - 18:42:28 CDT