Re: 20000 INSERTs per second?

From: Karsten Schmidt <groups_at_karsten-schmidt.com>
Date: 24 Apr 2003 01:53:01 -0700

Hi,
 you certainly need to use some kind of array processing, like a couple of hundred rows with one statement. Not sure how to do that in java though.
 I remotely recall that there is something like statement.addBatch() or so.

 In Pro C / OCI there are array interfaces available.

 the bottelneck with that number of inserts is probably redolog generation / writing, make sure you do not commit too often.  a large logbuffer is probably also going to help.

 64 bit should'nt really matter.

 For the maximum possible throughput on your hardware, check out sqlldr with conventional load.

Karsten