Re: how does i/o channels means?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 19:41:12 GMT

zhangguoping_at_boco.com.cn wrote:

> Channel bandwidth: the number of I/O channels.
>
> does i/o channels equels number of disks?

Number of independant, non-blocking, communication paths to the disks.

In PCs, you frequently have 2 IDE controllers, each with up to 2 disks. Each controller is non-blocking to the other, therefore you have 2 channels.

I find most people talk about IO channels when they refer to Fibre Optics connecting the server to the disk. You might get more information googling for fibre channel. Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 14:41:12 CDT