20000 INSERTs per second?

From: JZ <ibm_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2003 11:47:53 -0700

Oracle 9.2.0.3 enterprise for Solaris 2.8 I like to know whethere it's possible to accomplish 20000 INSERTs (through JDBC drive, not pure INSERT SQL) per second on Oracle 9.2.0.3. If so, should we go with RAC or high end storage (to improve disk I/O)? Any docs about this or any suggestions to improve INSERTation rate through JDBC driver?
Can 64bit environment improve this?
Thanks a lot! Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 13:47:53 CDT