Re: Am I Screwed?

From: Mark <m_sparky_at_eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 17:36:57 GMT

Here's what I've done now.

I first set the CONTROL_FILES parameter to only the second file that was there before. I then started the db service again. Gave me the same error again.

Then I changed the parameter again to an older backup I did using 'alter database backup controlfile to '...';

This time the service starts up with no errors, but when I try loggin in, it says that the service is still in startup or shutdown procedures.

Does someone know what this means? or what I can do after this?

THanks,
Mark