Re: Merge Join (Cartesian)

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:02:27 -0700

"Ryan Gaffuri" <rgaffuri_at_cox.net> wrote in message news:1efdad5b.0304230245.1ff25b16_at_posting.google.com...
> Ive been using the Guy Harrison SQL tuning book and I have the DBA
> Tuning 101. Ive read the OTN Performance Tuning guide, Niemic book,
> Kyte's book and several others.
>
> Any articles books, that have more info on SQL tuning? Have
> undocumented stuff?

That is a matter of personal preference. More generic database books like Garcia-Molina&Ullman&Widom "Database System Implementation", for example, works better for me than oracle specific books: I want to know principles first, then, everything else follows.

The best articles documented 10053 trace has been mentioned in this newsgroup already. I also suggest reading all the articles in server.Performance.SqlTuning on metalink.

> BTW, Cardinality limits the max cardinality allowed right? Not 100%
> sure what the message does?

It prompts the optimizer engine what correct cardianlity is. It doesn't put any constraints to execution per se. Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 12:02:27 CDT