Hide SqlPlus username/password in UNIX Script

From: gilgantic <gilgantic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Apr 2003 09:44:47 -0700

I want to hide the username and password when I run SqlPlus on in a UNIX script. How do I do this?

My original solution was to
I execute the script under a super user (root user), which has no password, but the

Example of what I have so far ...
 echo "execute sample;" | $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus scott/tiger

 Step 1: I login to UNIX using scott/tiger for username/password
 Step 2: I change to the Super User (ie. su superuser), which has no password
 Step 3: Run the script with following line ...
           echo "execute sample;" | $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus superuser/
         I tried changing the username/password to the superuser.

Of course, this failed. My reason for Step 3, was since superuser had no password associated with it, it would automatically login.

Thanks!
Gil Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 11:44:47 CDT