Am I Screwed?

From: Mark <m_sparky_at_eudoramail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 16:31:25 GMT

I am a newbie to Oracle. If someone can help me with this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I have a server running Oracle 8i. Yesterday we had a long power outage and the server went down. We are in the middle of setting up the system so we had no resent backup of the files, but we have an Export around 12 o'clock, so there's not so much data that is gone.

This is the error it now gives me in the log:

Wed Apr 23 09:58:57 2003
starting up 1 shared server(s) ...
starting up 1 dispatcher(s) for network protocol
'(ADDRESS=(PARTIAL=YES)(PROTOCOL=TCP))'...
starting up 1 dispatcher(s) for network protocol
'(ADDRESS=(PARTIAL=YES)(PROTOCOL=TCP))'...
Wed Apr 23 09:58:58 2003
alter database mount exclusive
***
Corrupt block relative dba: 0x00000001 file=0. blocknum=1. Fractured block found during control file header read Data in bad block - type:21. format:2. rdba:0x00000001 last change scn:0xffff.00000999 seq:0x1 flg:0x04 consistancy value in tail 0x09931501
check value in block header: 0xb04b, calculated check value: 0xa spare1:0x0, spare2:0x0, spare2:0x0
ORA-214 signalled during: alter database mount exclusive...

Does this mean that the Control File is messed up? I have a backup of the file on Apr 14, but another user was added to the   DB after that. Does this mean that the backup is invalid?

According to the Oracle 8i Backup and Recovery Guide - "Each time that a user adds, renames, or drops a datafile or an online redo log file from the database, Oracle updates the control file to reflect this physical structure change." - it should still be valid.

Additional info:
This is the line in init.ora for the Control Files: control_files = ("C:\Oracle\oradata\KSMIS\control01.ctl", "C:\Oracle\oradata\KSMIS\control02.ctl")

Thanks for any help
Mark Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 11:31:25 CDT