Re: Minimum and maximum number of control files and redo files

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 00:07:06 +1000

"Peter" <peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca> wrote in message news:ntr9avgfivieeg1olv9j2cfqlcc6lit11m_at_4ax.com...
> What are the minimum number and maximum number of control files and
> redo files? As far as I know there should be at least 1 control file
> and 2 redo log files. I am not sure about the maximum allowed?
>
> If I use OMF in Oracle9i, does that change the minimum number and
> maximum number of control files and redo files allowed?

Hi Peter,

I know that the max control files is/was 8 as I met a mad bugger who complained that he couldn't create 10 of them (hate to image how many locks he had on his front door ....)

I'm not sure what the max number of redo logs are, except to say I've yet to ever reach such a limit. But it would be a lot ...

And no, OMF would not change these limits.

Cheers

Richard Received on Wed Apr 23 2003 - 09:07:06 CDT