Re: integrity constraint violated - parent key not found

From: Georg Scholz <georg.scholz_at_vienna.at>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:18:55 GMT

This error means you wanted to insert some value in a field which has no matching value in some other table ("master table", "parent table").

e.g. your database has two tables: PRODUCTS and SALES. If the system is properly set up, you will not be able to insert Product-IDs into SALES which are not members of PRODUCTS. If you try, you will get the error below.

--
Georg Scholz
www.scholz-informatik.at