Expanded Oracle DBA Site

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 10:35:09 +0100

FYI Gents,

I think you'll both find that 'Lydian Third' is not Howard's Web site :o)

He has asked the owner of that site numerous times to remove it - and this has not been complied with yet. The owner did in fact post an email here, after the notification that Howard's own site was being taken down, as he/she had the original documents that Howards had made available.

The stuff Howard did write was actually his writings and not that of Oracle, however, Oracle don't like their employees publishing stuff with 'Oracle' all over it on the grounds that someone might thing the stuff being published is approved by Oracle Corporation. That's why his own web site had to be taken down - and was taken down, not moved.

I think Oracle allows Tom Kyte to publish though !

On the subject of Employer copyright - all my stuff here is copyright Norman Dunbar and my company. If I publish anything, and you want to make it available, I'll be flattered if you ask and more than likely agreeable but well pissed off if you don't ask first. As anyone would I suspect.

Cheers,
Norm.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator