Re: Minimum and maximum number of control files and redo files

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 22:45:01 -0700

Peter wrote:

> What are the minimum number and maximum number of control files and
> redo files? As far as I know there should be at least 1 control file
> and 2 redo log files. I am not sure about the maximum allowed?
>
> If I use OMF in Oracle9i, does that change the minimum number and
> maximum number of control files and redo files allowed?

I'm not sure what the point is of spending more than 1/20th of a second wondering about the maximum or minimum number. The point of mirroring these files is system integrity. If I could have only one control file I'd say ... "so what?" Same with having 20 of them. What's the point?

You create as many as you need for system safety. And not one more.

--
Daniel Morgan
(remove one 'x' from my email address to reply)