Re: fail safe on two non clustered windows server

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Apr 2003 17:43:56 -0700

Olaf Raether <olaf_at_raether.de> wrote in message news:<afl8av4qhm4qv093k38jfmk8ij59f13nr0_at_4ax.com>...
> Hey,
>
> i plan to use oracle failsafe to handle fail-over with two server. But
> i donīt want to install a windows cluster. So my question:
>
> Can i use failsafe with two "normal" windows server ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Olaf Raether

Olaf,

If you had included Oracle Server version info, I might have been inclined to look into this (database edition, Enterprise or Standard would help, also).

As for all that I know, you're still running on 7.3.4 or have gotten ahold of 10i and generated TPC reports with it.

Oracle Failsafe was around in the 7.3.4 days - long before W2K *anything* was released. I have a hunch that there is a way of implementing its features without installing W2K Advanced Server. On the hardware side - are you using shared SCSI (no RAID) or a fibrechannel storage unit?

There is documentation for Failsafe up on Metalink.

Pd Received on Tue Apr 22 2003 - 19:43:56 CDT