Re: 03121: no interface driver connected

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 16:48:54 GMT

randy.deforest_at_schalleranderson.com said...
> Hello,
>
> I know this topic has been discussed in length in this group, however,
> I cannot find a solution to my problem anywhere.
>
> I am getting the '03121: no interface driver connected' when
> attempting to access the 'MS OLE DB Provider for Oracle' from SQL
> Server DTS. The machine I am running this on is a MS Windows 2000 box.
>
> I have a second machine running Windows NT 4.0. When I access the same
> DTS package on this machine I do not have any problems.
>
> Both computers have identical configurations, with the exception of
> the OS.
>
> I have checked all of the configurations and setting recommended in
> this and other related newsgroups.
>
> Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Randy Deforest

I am not sure what you checked (don't know what "all" means). However, this error usually means that you asked Oracle to connect to a database and it said "which one?"

Now that might mean that the WinNT box, but not the Win2k box, has set the LOCAL environment variable or registry entry HKLM / Software / Oracle / Local. I don't know anything about the DTS package, but what do you specify in your connection string?

It might also mean, according to the Oracle error messages manual, that the Net8 driver is not loaded into memory (on client and server) or there is a mismatch of the driver's version relative to the OLE provider. If there is a mismatch, you have to relink with the correct Oracle libraries. Or reinstall Oracle client.

You didn't specify whether you have the exact same version of Oracle client on both Win boxes ... or even what version you do have. Start sqlplus on both WinNT and Win2k and see if you get the same version displayed in the banner (select * from v$version).

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA