rollback segs in locally managed tablespace

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 15:07:30 +0100

Hi Richard,

one thing bothers me about this. LMT's default to unlimited maxextents - I can live with that.
However, if I (or the OP) create an RBS in an LMT, I get a MAXEXTENTS of 32,765 which is not quite unlimited :o)

Now, I know why this has to be the case - there is/was/might still be a bug where problems occur when an RBS is allowed to go over 32,766 (or 32,767) extents causing all sorts of mayhem on the database. I know, because I hit it !

My rambling point being that someone *is* paying attention to maxextents in LMTs but only for RBS.

Cheers,
Norm.

PS. Not a problem with 9i and redo tablespaces though :o)

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.
mailto:Norman.Dunbar_at_LFS.co.uk
Tel: 0113 289 6265
Fax: 0113 289 3146

Hi Sven,

<SNIP>
>> The inability to set a maxextents limit and that any
>> value you set gets ignored with unlimited being the only possible
value.
<SNIP> Received on Tue Apr 22 2003 - 09:07:30 CDT