Re: Oracle screws up Sun host

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 02:16:35 +0200

"Anton Buijs" <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

>Try to use shutdown abort. I don't see a reason for removing the lk<sid>
>file.

If you can't connect in the first place, you won't be able to use any command.

>Do kill -15 to kill any remaining processes of the big database, if it does
>not help use kill -9 as a last resort.

That is what I did.

>Why do you conclude "the host is screwed up" and needs a reboot?

I have found some hints fixing metaphore problems and the like, but they only work save if there is only one instance in the host.

>Further I would certainly look for the trace files produced by the ORA-600
>errors. There is a utility on Metalink where you can load the dump stack and
>get possible known problems reported.

Is it a utility that one can download or is it an online feature on Metalink? But that is a good idea anyway.

Thanks
Rick Denoire Received on Mon Apr 21 2003 - 19:16:35 CDT