Re: fail safe on two non clustered windows server

From: Thomas T <T_at_T>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:01:30 -0400

"Olaf Raether" <olaf_at_raether.de> wrote in message news:afl8av4qhm4qv093k38jfmk8ij59f13nr0_at_4ax.com...
> Hey,
>
> i plan to use oracle failsafe to handle fail-over with two server. But
> i donīt want to install a windows cluster. So my question:
>
> Can i use failsafe with two "normal" windows server ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Olaf Raether

Where is your central storage unit that both servers use? Only one server node can have ownership of the storage unit (i.e. raid hard drive enclosure) at one time; I'm not sure how you'd accomplish that without a cluster. Is the storage on a third server?

-Thomas Received on Mon Apr 21 2003 - 17:01:30 CDT