Re: updateable snapshot

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2003 10:06:21 -0700

Well, that's what an "updatable materialized view" is all about. The data you change in a materialized view will be pushed back to the master table. This can get pretty complicated, you basically are dealing with advanced replication at this point. A materiliazed view can be built on top of another materialized view. So you can have mater sites that contain master tables, master materialized view site that contain master materiliazed views and materialized view sites that contain materialized views which can be read-only, writeable or updatable.

Before you charge right into it, review what is it that you really want to accomplish so that you might pick the right solution.