UTF-8 Unicode.

From: Gaetan Poitras <poitrasg_at_crcsogema.com>
Date: 21 Apr 2003 07:21:46 -0700

Hello.. I am using Windows NT Server Or Windows 2000 Server And ORacle 8i 8.1.7 , Forms 6i and report 6i

I need to install a database where I can store Special Ethiopian Character and I think I have to use Unicode UTF-8..

As far as I understand, when I create the database I have to specify CHARACTER SET UTF8
After that.. Do I have to do anything else on my application ? Will my forms 6i and reports 6i needs to be recompiled ?

Will my IMPORT of the database structure will work if I exported a normal database and try to import into a UTF-8 scheme ?

Do I have to change the VARCHAR2 and CHAR charecter definition.. example if i had before a CHAR(1) do I have to change this for a CHAR(3) ? Thank you
Poitrasg_at_crcsogema.com Received on Mon Apr 21 2003 - 09:21:46 CDT