Re: why do we upgrade the DB from 8.1.6 to 9.2.0

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 02:00:09 GMT

When you say 'production', do you mean a legal and supported environment that is important enough to your business that you want the safety net of vendor assiatnce if the 'production' environment happens to fail?

Or do you mean an environment where vendor support is not necessarily important, but ability to get community assistance and possibly attract additional resources in times of expansion (or vacation)?

Or do you mean a database under a third party app where the third party vendor has said they refuse to asisst unless it's upgraded?

Or possibly a place where you can deploy the results from a development team who is itching to get to new technology and methods?

Or possibly are you just looking at the set of features that might be available?

Don't know where you might get ideas about the first couple, but if the last one - you could look at the "New Feature' documents supplied by each of the versions.
/Hans Received on Sun Apr 20 2003 - 21:00:09 CDT