Re: PL/SQL Execute Immediate

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:10:13 -0700

> <snipped>
>

> Yeah, thats right Daniel. I know, we developers and designers don't
> design and consider and test and retest the code produced from those
> mini projects to build code that builds those things. We just build
> those things and deploy them to production the next day. Yep. That's
> why we are still employed. We produce lots of work, no matter what the
> quality.
>
> --
> Galen deForest Boyer
> Sweet dreams and flying machines in pieces on the ground.

Perhaps you do. But I would gladly take you from Oracle install to Oracle install and show you gross and substantial evidence that no everyone that is employed takes even 10% of the level of care you defend.

Lets run an unscientific poll here and see what the results are:

How many people here, that are developers not DBAs, have run EXPLAIN PLAN on a SQL statement written in a function, procedure, package, or trigger in the last 30 days? How about TKPROF? How about DBMS_PROFILER on an entire application or application module?

Daniel Morgan Received on Sat Apr 19 2003 - 20:10:13 CDT