Re: Oracle 9i on Redhat 9: no go??

From: pheonix1t <9090pheonix1t.at_at_earthlink.net909090.oio>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 18:18:45 GMT

Peter Häusler wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I have installed last week Oracle 9i on a SuSE 8.0 Professional and on a
> RedHat 2.1 AS Developer Edition with no Problems. Which Redhat are you try?

I have found oracle is less of a "pain in the neck" to install on suse as opposed to redhat. Also, I'd avoid using redhat 9 for oracle installs. Stick with older ones like 7.3....or use their enterprise editions if you prefer redhat. (less changes to the libraries...or just less compatibility issues in general)
As for my own preference....suse all the way