Re: Anyone recommend a good Unix Scripting book?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2003 09:16:12 -0700

> <snipped>
>
> I thought Lulushi's Forms was one of the few good computer books out there.
> Are you sure you used it for the purpose intended?

Don't get me started. As on Oracle Forms book it is the best, or among the best and I have a copy on my bookshelf. That said ... I cringe every time I suggest it to my students.

Take a copy of the book, open to the index in the back and look up the following:

  1. System variables
  2. How to dynamically change a WHERE clause
  3. Building data blocks based on procedures
  4. Anything about deploying Forms applications or the Forms run-time.

And I could list hundreds of others. They may all be in the book but the index is totally inadequate to find them.

Daniel Morgan Received on Sat Apr 19 2003 - 11:16:12 CDT