Re: Oracle Security Patches for Solaris and W2K

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Apr 2003 08:35:29 -0700

Kalle <kminerva_at_jippii.fi> wrote in message news:<3EA0F419.D677286C_at_jippii.fi>...
> Hi all,
>
> I am planning to upgrade my oracle environment with latest security
> patches and I have following environment:
>
> Sun Solaris with 8.1.7.4
> - what are the patches I should run that my environment is with the
> latest security pathces
> Sun Solaris with 9.2.0.3.0
> - what are the patches I should run that my environment is with the
> latest security pathces
>
> Windows2000 with 8.1.7.4
> - what are the patches I should run that my environment is with the
> latest security pathces
> Windows2000 with 9.2.0.3.0
>
> TIA
>
> Kalle

In general, this is a good place to start, metalink not required: http://otn.oracle.com/deploy/security/alerts.htm

The readme file included with each patchset list the fixes included in the patchset. Just because a patchset is released, it does not imply that you *must* apply it.

Personally, I would seriously investigate (test in your test environment) the 8.1.7.4.10 patchset for win32. Fixes for multiple security alerts are included, as well as the problem with exp/imp. These are all noted in the readme.txt

for 9.2.0.3.x - please read the platform support notices - there is a patch available for OUI that you need to apply before applying the 9.2.0.3 patchset.

Log into metalink - such notices typically appear in the "Headlines" area.
check under "Alerts".

hth,

Paul Received on Sat Apr 19 2003 - 10:35:29 CDT