Re: What is the difference between oradim and startup?

From: Peter <peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 22:50:42 GMT

On 16 Apr 2003 23:06:16 -0700, rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com (Rauf Sarwar) wrote:

Your explanation is very clear.
I have this to ask.
The OracleServiceSID is the service/process that is needed before you can start an Oracle instance. We can have more than one instances connected to the same OracleServiceSID? The Oracle instance contains the SGA, background processes etc and many oother threads. So basically the OracleServiceSID is there waiting for us to connect, right? The OracleServiceSID and Oracle instances all belong to the Oracle server architecture, right?
How many services/processes are needed to fire up the Oracle server? Thanks for you help