Re: Cannot log to Portal - WWC-41439

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 21:51:31 +0200

Pavel Vetesnik wrote:
> Hello Frank,
>
> thank you very much for your answer! And also thank you for the several
> explanations you wrote in the last posting.
>

>><snip!>
>>Any luck with portal30_sso for a login? That's the Single Sign On
>>master user. I assume the error is in sso, so if that works, I'd
>>take it from there, and establish portal30s rights again.

> The problem is that none login to the Oracle Portal is possible (we can log
> to the database without problems, however). So we can't establish the
> neccessary rights from SSO login.

Hold it! sso login has *nothing* to do with database logins. But actually, I'm out of suggestions - you seem to have done about all I would do in a similar situation (apart from deleting).

Sure you have run ssodatan with the correct parameters? That would be my last resort

> We have just learned, that some variables in Unix settings can also cause
> such situation. Maybe the problem is there - because the tables seem to be
> correctly set.

That's why I wonder about ssodatan. If some network changes are made, your portal will not be able to validate you. I've posts where people resorted to reinstalling portal after an ip-address change of the server. Running ssodatan would have done the trick as well.

--
Regards, Frank van Bortel