Re: Disconnect connected sessions

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 05:17:16 -0700

"Yuri Weinstein (HotMail)" wrote:

> I am not sure I understand you.
>
> Can you give me a query example?
>
> The reason I am dropping and recreating the db - testing, I need to test
> some stuff.
>
> thx
>
> <snipped>

You still haven't explained ... "Why?"

The entire concept of what you are trying to do sounds to me like either a great academic waste of time or a wonderful way to get your co-workers to want to toss you into a fountain ... in the middle of a snow storm.

What's wrong with checking v_$session, seeing if anyone is connected, and then phoning them? Too courteous?

If you do wish to proceed with this you'd best be prepared for the fact that after you will someone's session ... you may still not be able to drop the user for quite a long time while Oracle undoes currently running transactions: A phone call is much faster.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Apr 18 2003 - 07:17:16 CDT