Re: Obtaining request really issued to server by JDBC driver

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2003 21:21:43 -0700

ppn_at_mederic.fr (PPN) wrote in message news:<6f6a7f59.0304140339.485b75b_at_posting.google.com>...
> Thanks, but now I'm facing another problem : the query that is issued
> has got a binding in it ("where datefield > :1"), and I'd like to know
> what the binding is replaced with. Any way I can know this ?

I didn't find the answer in Jonathan's FAQ. Basically, you need find that session's ID and serial#, login as SYS, exec dbms_system.set_ev(sid,serial#,10046,12,''). When you're done, exec dbms_system.set_ev(sid,serial#,10046,0,''). Look at the trace file in udump. The bind variable runtime value is obvious.

With JDBC connections from connection-pooled middle-tier app server, sometimes it's difficult to identify the sessions you want.

Yong Huang Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 23:21:43 CDT