Re: Backup Exec "Unable to attach to one of the drives" error with Oracle agent

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:57:07 +0100

"SCS" <koji_at_scsusa.com> wrote in message news:55a9a7d0.0304170913.66882e30_at_posting.google.com...
> We have Windows 2000 server that is running Oracle 9i, and Backup exec
> 9 with Oracle agent. We want to simply backup local Oracle database
> using Oracle agent.
> During a backup of Oracle database using oracle agency, an "unable to
> attach to one of the drives" error is reported even though we
> installed VERITAS Remote Agent for Windows Server on the same machine.
> We applied Sp1 for Backup Exec, but did not work. We have also Backup
> Exec 8 with Oracle Agency, it works fine. The difference is Backup
> Exec 9 lists Oracle Agency under Remote Selections and 8 lists Oracle
> Agency under Backup Exec Agents.
> Please help us.

This may be miles off, and if so, sorry. But I've seen backup scripts which require a copy to a network mapped drive. Unless you take precautions, network mapped drives are not available until you have logged in. And if you run as a service, you're not normally logged in. You need to explicitly issue a 'net use' command to map the drive.

Does this help?

Regards,
Paul Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 15:57:07 CDT