Trying to run Java from PL/SQL, geting error ORA-29547

From: Randall2n <randall2n_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2003 11:33:09 -0700

I am an Oracle 6i Froms developer and I am trying to run Java from PL/SQL on Oracle 8.1.7.4

I am trying to create a Java class to perform a passed in shell command. Fairly simple, lots of examples all over the web.

My dba tells me that initjvm.sql has been loaded, but I am getting the error "ORA-29547: Java system class not available: oracle/aurora/rdbms/Compiler"

I thought I was doing it wrong so I tried something simpler (think I found this on Technet somewhere)

Make Java procedure:

CREATE OR REPLACE AND RESOLVE JAVA SOURCE NAMED "say_hello" as public class say_hello {
public static void main (String[] args){ for (int i=0; i<args.length;i++)
System.out.println("Hello, " + args[i] + "!");}}
/

Make PL/SQL wrapper:
create or replace procedure sayhello ( name1 varchar2, name2 varchar2) as language Java name 'say_hello.main(java.lang.String[])';
/

Call the Pl/SQL wrapper:
set serveroutput on
call sayhello(‘John','Steve');

I tried doing this through SQL PLUS 8.0 and it lets me put in the wrapper just fine, but when I try to put in the Java procedure it gives the above error.

My basic questions are:
What does this error mean?
Is the Java Virtual machine loaded up for Java? What all has to be done to create Java procedure in PL/SQL? Am I missing some Privaleges?
What could the Privaleges be?

I am willing to try anything, Please post back. Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 13:33:09 CDT