Export and 1555 errors

From: Matt Riggsby <Matthew.Riggsby_at_novainfo.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2003 10:50:29 -0700

We're trying to export the contents of a large 8.1.7 database with the EXP command, but we're consistently getting error 1555 (snapshot too old: rollback segment...too small). I gather this means that the export process is trying to load entire tables into a rollback segment and running out of room. The prescribed fix for this is to make sure that the CONSISTENT parameter isn't Y. However, we've got CONSISTENT=N in the EXP command (and I *think* that the rollback segments should be able to grow large enough to contain most of the tables anyway, although I'm not positive). What else should I be looking at? Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 12:50:29 CDT