No TNSListener

From: Randy <rvandehe_at_enzy.com>
Date: 17 Apr 2003 05:39:57 -0700

I have a new install of Oracle 8.1

The instance service is running, but I cannot connect to it. The error is ORA-12154: TNS:could not resolve service name

On my production server, I have a TNSListener service running. But on my new development install I do not. I think this is basis of my problem. How can I get the tnslistener service installed?

-Randy Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 07:39:57 CDT