Re: How do you specify the maximum number of redo log files for automatic recovery in the initialization file?

From: Stephan Bressler <stephan.bressler_at_siemens.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:03:10 +0200

Hi,
comments inline.

Stephan

> Suppose I have the following in sql script file:
>
> logfile group 1 ('e:\oracle\oradata\hmrs\redolog01.log')
> size 100m reuse,
> group 2 ('f:\oracle\oradata\hmrs\redolog02.log')
> size 100m reuse
>
> How do you specify the maximum number of redo log files for automatic
> recovery in the initialization file?

the number of log files is specifiied in the "create database" statement and stored in the controlfiles. Can be changed by re-creating the controlfiles.

> Where in the script do you put your ARCHIVELOG and AUTOEXTEND to
> make sure that your redo log files are archived and autoextend?
Archivelog or noarchivelog mode is switchable in the database mount status. It's stored internally (control files). You can switch back and forth with reboots and using the "alter database (no)archivelog" command.

Online redologs are not autoextend-able. If you with to "alter" the size, create new ones, issue some log switches and drop the old ones. this is a secure operation. Received on Thu Apr 17 2003 - 06:03:10 CDT