Anyone recommend a good Unix Scripting book?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:17:06 +0100

Afternoon John,

I agree that Howard 'has a burr up his arse' but if you take the time to read over his previous posts on the subject, he does come up with many excellent points as to why. As for never providing useful information - have you read any of his posts ? Ever ? HE usually goes into the subject far far deeper than is required - but when he does, you know he knows what he is talking about.

Now I'm not backing him up for the sake of it, I've been on the receiving end of a tongue lashing myself from time to time - but he was right and I was wrong, so I learned from that.

I have two books by Don here on my bookshelf - none of them come up to what is promised on the cover and they are rarely used. I have another from Oracle Press and TUSC - ditto, so you can put me down as having a burr too if you like. :o)

Cheers,
Norm.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator