Can't start second session from same user

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Apr 2003 07:58:39 -0700

Hi everyone,

   I'm running Oracle 9.2.0.1 EE on Windoze 2000 Server (Pro). I created a first session as SCOTT/TIGER, and issued 'create table onlyoneitl (id number primary key, anyjunk varchar2(20)) tablespace users initrans 1 maxtrans 1;", and "insert into onlyoneitl values (1, 'bla-bla');", and never committed this insert. Then, I tried to create a second session with same user SCOTT/TIGER, but SQL*Plus just hangs. I know it's not Windows having a hard time creating a dedicated thread, since I was afterwards able to connect as SYSTEM. If I look in V$SESSION_WAIT, I see that the hanging session has EVENT = "resmgr:waiting in run (queued)", for which I can't find any info. I know that the table can have only 1 ITL entry, and it's taken, but I thought that it would hang only if I try to acquire a second lock from the second session (by inserting a new record in the new table, for example), not if I just try to login. Anyone has an idea what's going on?

Daniel Received on Wed Apr 16 2003 - 09:58:39 CDT