Re: Recommended hardware for 9i on Linux, at home

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:26:55 +0100

"Howard Rogers" <aldeburgh_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:_F9na.15532$1s1.246483_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> What's with the anti-French stuff (which I realise wasn't introduced by
> Norman, but he's merely responding to it as introduced elsewhere)?

I picked it up as just being american jingoism/patriotism. Who cares.

> I mean, I know they eat snails and things, and got trounced at Agincourt
> *and* Waterloo. But they make a nice baguette.

and Wine, marvellous food, great weather, superbly idiosyncratic culture and pace De Gaulle 246 varieties of cheese. My ideal nation, and I'm even Anglo/Irish to boot.

> Come on: a bit of consistency, please. If we're going to ignore technical
> merits in favour of the political bigotry de jour, let's do it properly. I
> vote we all switch to running Oracle on the Sinclair Spectrum. British
(Go,
> Baghdad!), man with a beard (Go, Jonathan!), complete looney (witness the
> C2, so Go, Burleson!!) and totally useless (Go, Microsoft!!). Not French
> (Boo!). Not German (Hiss!). And nor Russian (Yaboo sucks).

Presumably we'd be wanting the All American solution - roll on SQLServer.

certified Linux platforms are Redhat and the 'United Linux' flavours BTW.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA