Re: login with sqlplus but login denied with dbastudio...

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_ieee.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:42:59 +0200

Volker Hetzer wrote:
> Ron Reidy wrote:

>> So, what is the error?

> ORA-01017: invalid username/password. logon denied.
> Sorry.

Ok, I think I know what I did.
I set NLS_LANG in my shell to GERMAN_GERMANY.... and then reran the database creation scripts.

Now, after I unset NLS_LANG, I can log on again.

Now the question is, what went wrong?

Greetings!
Volker

--
While it is a known fact that programmers
never make mistakes, it is still a good idea