java stored procedures fast, but slow when called as SQL function

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 12:13:13 +0100

Morning Nuno - do you guys ever sleep ?

>> Never played VME, but a friend did and he swears by it.
The SCL (System Control Language) on VME is the best I have ever worked with. I loved it and got seriously deep into it. Haven't been there for about 7 or 8 years now, but sometimes, I still miss the things I could do with it.

>> They may have a Java app that runs in its own JVM, with a custom
>> authorized class that accesses the GUI to show the contents of
>> the screen.

OK, I (think) I see :o)

>> Incidentally, something I learned the hard way: never, NEVER install
>> windows into the default folder, C:\WINDOWS. ALWAYS change the name
>> of the folder.

But surely the script kiddies will have used GetWindowsDir() or GetWindowsDirectory() to retrieve the path ........... :o)

>> No Java developer here either (at least not full time), but
>> I sit in the same room with one of the best I've ever seen.
>> This guy really knows his stuff. Learned a lot with him.
>> Still doing it.

Much like the stuff I learn from the many posters in this NG :o)

Cheers,
Norm.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator