Anyone recommend a good Unix Scripting book?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 08:17:07 +0100

Ryan,

I've got :

Portable Sheel Programming by Blinn, Prentice Hall, and Unix Shell Programming by Kochan & Wood, Hayden Books.

The second is used mostly while the first is not bothered with.

They are not specific to Korn though. The second book above has step by step tutorials etc. I dip in from time to time when I have to, but I confess to not having to write too many shell scripts these days - so I'm hardly an expert.

I agree with Nuno though, don't copy, learn ! Good luck.

Regards,
Norm.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator